Clothing Around the World
There have always been significant differences in how people dress around the world. These differences tend to be culturally-based, though some are brought on specifically because of climate challenges and textile availability unique to certain areas.
Fashion History Around the World
Review LoveToKnow Fashion History to find out how fashion has evolved over time in different locations around the globe. Learn about historically significant apparel selections in a wide variety of countries and cultures. Examples include:
- Japan: Learn about the evolution of Japanese fashion, including traditional dress and adornment, a historical overview of Japanese textiles and the influence of Japonisme.
- India: Discover the rich traditions behind clothing and adornment in India, from colorful wrapped garments to traditions for applying color and scent to the body.
- Middle East: Learn about contemporary and historical Islamic dress, as well as discover the history of pre-Islamic dress in Iran.
- Africa: Learn historical dress information specific to regions like North Africa and the Sub-Saharan region. Get information on African textiles and their impact on fashion.
- Latin America: Find out about the rich history of Latin American fashion, including the history of dress in Central America and Mexico as well as South America.
- Europe: Find out about the long-standing and rich traditions of folk dress in Western Europe and Eastern Europe.
These are only a few examples of what you can learn about the history of apparel around the world. Whenever you're looking for a historical perspective on international or culturally-based fashion, let LoveToKnow Fashion History be your go-to resource for trusted, thorough, fact-based information.