The history of fashion as we know it would be quite different without the influence of many of the world's most famous fashion designers. Learn about some of the most powerful and influential creative forces behind the scenes (and runways!) of highly regarded brands and design houses.
Even if you've never purchased a designer original, the clothing that you have worn throughout your lifetime has been influenced in one way or another by the biggest names in the fashion industry, hailing from countries across the globe. Find out about the lives and works of many highly regarded fashion designers.
- United States: Discover information about the careers of popular U.S. designers like Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Bob Mackie and Bill Blass.
- France: Get information on famous French designers like Christian Dior, André Courrèges and Christian Lacroix.
- Italy: Discover the influence of Italian designers like Dolce & Gabbana, Pierre Cardin and Emilio Pucci.
- England: Find out about infamous British designer Alexander McQueen and the label that bears his name.
- Spain: Learn about the background and work of Spanish designer Cristóbal Balenciaga.
- Africa: Learn about the life, work and creative influence of African designer Chris Seydou.
- Belgium: Discover the background of well-known and widely-worn Belgian fashion designer Diane Von Furstenberg.
Learn About Industry Leaders
When you're looking for information about the biggest names in fashion design, visit LoveToKnow Fashion History. You'll find interesting articles that go beyond just giving you examples of their most popular designs. Get to know these iconic creative leaders, finding out about their personal and professional backgrounds to gain insight into how they became so successful in the highly competitive field of fashion design.